Building on decades of combined experience working in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut, we have developed extensive expertise and analytical firepower in the areas of strategic planning and implementation, evaluation, governance, policy and program development, socio-economic studies and community engagement.
We understand the importance of building relationships and connections with your communities and clients. It’s our goal to professionally help you create lasting and meaningful results that reflect Northern values, cultures, knowledge, perspectives and realities.
Our passion and expertise shows in the quality of our work.
We take pride in delivering what we promise. In fact, if you are not satisfied with what we produce, you receive no final invoice.
StrategyNorth: Top-level support for Northern governments, non-profits and Yukon/NWT First Nations.
President | CEO | Economist
- Nationally-recognized pioneer in impact-based governance, based on work beginning in the mid-1990s transforming Harvard University’s “balanced scorecard” for public sector and non-profit use.
- (Former) Presenter with the International Quality and Productivity Centre (Canada, U.S., Australia, Singapore) and The Government Exchange.
- Member of the Performance Management Association (International) and Canadian Evaluation Society.
- Extensive experience working with Yukon First Nations, including a four-year ongoing consulting relationship with the Kwanlin Dün First Nation.
- Currently working with community and government leaders on developing an impact-based strategy to end homelessness in Whitehorse.
Mr. David Ramsay is a graduate of the University of New Brunswick (Political Science/Aboriginal Law) and a former NWT Cabinet Minister (Ministerial portfolios included Industry, Tourism & Investment, Attorney General/Justice, NWT Business Development Corporation and Transportation). He is currently the President of RCS Consulting. David resides in Yellowknife with his wife and four children.